It's healthy because there's no beef, right?
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 14.5-oz. can chicken broth
- 2 15-oz. cans cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4.5-oz. cans green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
Yield: 4 servings
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Saute chicken, onion, and garlic in hot oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Stir in broth first, then remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.