This is the secret family pizza recipe. (Sssshh! Don't tell anyone.)
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder or onion flakes
- Black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Italian sausage
- Diced onions
- Diced green pepper
- Chopped mushrooms
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 16" pizza
Some people pre-cook their toppings, both meat and vegetables. I've never found this to be necessary. I throw everything on raw and it all gets cooked through.
- Start by preparing the dough according to its instructions.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, paste, and seasonings (to taste).
- Grate all the cheese into a large bowl.
- Assembling the pizza: Roll out the dough and place on pan. Spread sauce evenly over the dough. Add your toppings and finish by adding all of the cheese.
- Put into a cold oven and turn to 500ºF. Bake until done. (I've never timed it. Maybe 20 minutes?)