Who doesn't love pancakes? (Real maple syrup only, tho.) I've tweaked this recipe until I have it juuuuuust the way I like it.
- 1¼ cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1⅓ cups milk
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
Source: Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Start with less milk and add it until the consistency is right.
- In a large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients. In small bowl, beat egg slightly; stir in milk and oil; add to flour mixture and stir just until flour is moistened.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat until drop of water sizzles. Brush lightly with oil.
- Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto hot skillet or griddle, making a few pancakes at a time.
- Cook until bubbly and bubbles burst; edges will look dry. With pancake turner, turn and cook until underside is golden.
- Place on heated platter; keep warm. Repeat, brushing skillet with more oil, if needed. Serve with butter and syrup.