Stir fry with noodles? I don't know if I can handle this kind of change.
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 7 oz wide rice noodles
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb frozen or fresh broccoli florets
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
Source: Budget Bytes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
If you don't have rice noodles, wheat noodles like lo mein also work.
If you don't have chili garlic sauce, sriracha also works, but it will have some extra spicy punch.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, mix together all of the sauce ingredients, until the corn starch is dissolved.
- Start cooking the noodles according to their own directions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the mushrooms and onions in the oil, until the mushrooms begin to brown on the edges.
- Add the broccoli and saute until it starts to turn bright green (not yet fully cooked).
- Add the drained noodles and the sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until everything is cooked and there's no sauce pooling at the bottom of the skillet (1-2 minutes, optimistically).
- Serve topped with green onions.