It has hipster grains in it so it must be healthy.
- 1 cup flax seed or meal
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup warm water
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅛ cup oil
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 1 cup dry milk
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 cups white flour
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 2 loaves
- If you have flax seed, grind it to meal in a food processor. Pour boiling water over the flax meal. Let stand 2-4 hours covered in plastic wrap.
- Mix yeast and warm water in a bowl and let sit a few minutes until frothy.
- Combine the above in a large bowl with all remaining ingredients except the white flour. Slowly add white flour until the dough reaches the right consistency. Knead for about 10 minutes, since the dough will be sticky.
- Let rise 1 hour in the bowl, in a warm place. Split the dough in half and shape into balls for loaves. Roll each in oil and press into loaf pans. Slit the tops and let rise 45 minutes to an hour.
- Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes, until browned.