Clark tested, Clark approved.
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 tsp (ish) olive oil
- 1 cup brown lentils
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¾ tsp dried sage
- Freshly cracked heirloom black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
- Salt to taste (about ½ teaspoon)
Source: Budget Bytes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Usually we do 3 big taters and 3 lil taters.
Also, you need a skillet with a lid.
- Cut up the potatoes and add to a pot with enough water to cover. Boil until soft, then mash 'em.
- Meanwhile, mince the garlic and add the mushrooms. Heat up the oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and mushrooms to saute until the mushrooms are starting to brown.
- Add the lentils, sage, thyme, pepper and broth to the 'shroom skillet and stir. Put the lid on, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes (lid still on).
- Add the coconut milk to the skillet and bring back up to a simmer until the mixture thickens to a gravy (about 5-10 minutes). Then add salt to taste.
- Serve the mushroomy stuff over the mashed potatoes.