Chili's favorite side dish
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1¼ cups lukewarm milk
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
Source: King Arthur Flour
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 9" pan or 12 muffins
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate (smaller) bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, oil, and egg.
- Pour the liquid into the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Spread the batter into a greased 9" pan (square or round) or distribute to 12 muffin liners.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes before serving.