It won't be long before you figure out that almost all of these desserts have chocolate in them.
Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- Heavy whipping cream and sugar
Yield: 8 servings
- Crust: To crush the graham crackers, your best bet is either a rolling pin or the bottom of a drinking glass. Don’t try to crush too many at once, either; you won’t be able to make the crumbs fine enough. The finer you can make the crumbs, the better. Mix all of the ingredients together. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of an 8" or 9" pie pan. Bake at 375ºF for about 7 minutes then allow to cool. While making the filling for the pie, put the crust in the fridge to chill.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk and egg yolks. Gradually add this to the saucepan.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat while stirring constantly until it comes to a boil, then boil and stir for one minute. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Stir until everything is melted and well-mixed. Pour the mixture into the chilled pie crust, cover with plastic wrap, and cool. Refrigerate for a few hours until the filling is firm and cold.
- Whip the cream with sugar to taste. Spread it over the pie (after taking the plastic off, of course) and top with the remaining chocolate chips.