Throw a bunch of things in a pot with seasoning and call it a day.
- 1 lb ground beef, ground turkey, or diced chicken
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 15-oz cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28-oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- Frozen corn
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1½ Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1½ Tbsp cocoa powder (optional)
- Cheddar cheese, grated, , for topping (optional)
You can also make this in a slow cooker instead of on the stove.
You can use any meat you want, or none at all. I won't judge.
- In a large pot, cook and drain the beef. Add the onion, garlic, and pepper and cook until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir, cover, and simmer.