I normally have pasta, cream cheese, and chicken on hand, and it's easy to keep frozen broccoli around to make this easy meal.
- 8 oz pasta (any shape)
- 16 oz fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken meat, diced
- ⅓ cup basil pesto
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
Source: Budget Bytes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
If I don't have chicken broth, milk works too.
- Boil water for pasta, then add your pasta and broccoli.
- Meanwhile, saute the chicken in a skillet with the olive oil. When it's cooked through, add the pesto, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Stir and bring back to a summer to cook down the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli once they're done and return to the pot. Add in the chicken and sauce mixture, and stir to coat.